There’s so much to learn about helping students learn CCSS mathematics. Here are my top ten takeaways from working with colleagues and outside experts this here. Enjoy!
10. Context is king.
9. Manipulatives activate motor layers.
8. Number hunting is a symptom of comprehension.
7. Background knowledge is key to accessing tasks.
6. Students might approach topics in surprising ways.
5. Routine empowers creativity.
4. Portfolios celebrate growth.
3. Public notes provide academic bridging.
2. Valuable formative assessment matters.
- Depth of knowledge brings math practices.